A great guide to start brewing:
Brew your First Beer is a quick and simple guide for beginners in our great world of Brewing.
However here are a few steps to Get you started
What equipment do I need?
Essentially you need:
- A 30 litre container with an airtight lid (the Fermenter)
- Another vessel such as a bucket for transferring liquid between vessels
- Some food grade Silicone or PVC tubing (5-8mm internal bore) for siphon hose
- An hydrometer with a test tube or measuring cylinder.The hydrometer measures the density/Specific Gravity (SG) of liquids and is a simple flotation instrument
- Kitchen tools such as jugs,stirring spoons, cleaning brushes etc
- Containers to store and mature your beer such as glass or plastic bottles and/or kegs