Why You Should Start Brewing Your Own Beer with Our Homebrew Kits
If you’ve ever thought about how cool it would be to make your own beer, then our homebrew kits are just for you. While getting started with homebrewing can be daunting, the fact is that making your own beer is very much within reach. Especially in the last decade or so, craft brewing has evolved to the point where there’s a lot of leeway and creativity in the process.
Hitting exact recipe formulations just right isn’t always the goal anymore, which can make brewing a lot of fun. That’s the biggest reason to buy homebrew kits – it’s fun! Of course, there are many other reasons, too, which we will explore in this post.
The Benefits of Investing in Homebrew Kits
Beyond just being a fun hobby, here are a few ways that getting into homebrewing can benefit your life:
- You’ll gain a deeper appreciation for beer. You can be a beer enthusiast without ever brewing a single drop of beer. Still, learning what goes into the brewing process can make it even more fun to drink a pint at your favourite bar or pick out a six-pack at your local bottle shop. Brewing is an intricate and creative process and doing it yourself will help you understand and appreciate everything that your favourite breweries have done to perfect their brews.
- You’ll be able to show off to your friends and family. Do you have a bunch of beer-loving friends or family members? You’ll get a kick out of buying a brewing kit, whipping up a batch of your preferred beer style and then surprising your friends or family by showing up to a party with a growler of your own beer. You might even make new friends along the way: the homebrewing community is a tight-knit and collaborative one, and it’s always easy to find someone happy to talk about the beermaking process with you.
- You’ll save money and always have beer on hand. Look, we know that good beer is 1) essential, and 2) more than worth the sale price. Still, when you’re out of beer in the fridge and waiting for a pay cheque, you’ll surely appreciate having your own freshly-brewed beer ready to tap. While there is an upfront investment to buying the equipment and homebrew beer kits that you need to get started, you’ll ultimately spend less per ounce on your own beer than you will on a quality beer from the store.
Signs That You Should Buy a Beer Making Kit
Obviously, the biggest sign that you should buy a beer making kit is the simplest one: you love beer! However, if you’ve been thinking about taking the plunge and investing in beer-making equipment, here are a few indicators that you should go ahead and do it:
- You’re jealous of your friends who homebrew. If you’re a beer aficionado, there’s a pretty good chance you know someone who’s tried their hand at homebrewing. If you’re jealous of that person, cut the envy and just start shopping our homebrew kits online. As you’ll see, our prices are very reasonable and make it easy to get started without spending an arm and a leg.
- You have a bunch of ideas for beers that you want to try. As craft beer has grown and become more and more creative, there’s come to be an unspoken feeling in the industry that no type of beer experiment is off the table. From sours to rich chocolatey imperial stouts, there are beers out there today that bear little resemblance to the classic styles that have been around for hundreds of years. If you have ideas in your head for types of beer experiments you’d like to try or twists on popular styles that you think would be particularly tasty, you don’t need to wait for your favourite brewery to make something along those lines. Buy a beer brewing kit and do it yourself!
- You’ve dreamed about opening your own brewery. Is it your dream job to someday own and operate your own little microbrewery? If so, know that many of today’s most successful craft brewers got their start in basements and garages with small homebrewing setups and beer kits similar to ours. There’s no reason that you can’t be next. All you need to do is get started, brew that first batch, then brew the next one. You’ll learn as you go, discover awesome recipes from your experiments and build up a portfolio of beers that will be the perfect fit for your eventual business.
Why Trust Homebrew Works Regarding Homebrew Kits in Australia
If you’re looking for a place to start your journey as a homebrewer, our team at Homebrew Works is ready to help. We have been in the business of selling homebrew kits and equipment in Australia for 15 years now. We love beer and love working with our customers to help them set up their own independent brewing operations. Not only do we have a wide range of different homebrew kits—in styles ranging from lagers to IPAs to brown ales and beyond—but we also stock everything else you need to get started. Brewing pots, carbonation systems, kegging solutions, cleaning and sterilisation materials: if it’s necessary for homebrewing, we carry it.
Contact us today and we’ll help you get started on your brewing journey. With our help, you might just be able to craft the next masterpiece beer.
Showing 1–9 of 66 results
not rated $19.95
Black Rock Export Pilsner
Black Rock Export PilsnerA traditional Czech beer in the Pilsen style. Crisp, clear and refreshing. Malt – Lager, Crystal. Hops – Green Bullet, Pacific Gem. Hop Extract. Premium Dry Brewing Yeast Sachet. Typical Analysis: 13+/-2 EBC (Colour), 37+/-5 EBU (Bitterness).
not rated $19.95
Black Rock NZ BitterOriginally brewed in England for the long voyage to New Zealand. Rich, strong and tasty. Malts – lager,crystal,black malt Hops – Green Bullet, Pacific Gem Premium Dry Brewing Yeast Sachet. Typical Analysis: 25+/-3 EBC (Colour), 30+/-4 EBU (Bitterness)